A delicious frosting made with fresh blackberries that is easy to make and makes for a beautiful color naturally.
The recipe is top 14 allergy free using our Kate’s Safe and Sweet Vanilla Frosting Mix as the base.
This frosting recipe is light, fluffy and super delicious!
The first step to make these is to gather all your tools and ingredients.
- Mixing Bowls
- Hand Mixer / Stand Mixer
- Mixing Spoons
- Measuring Cups / Spoons
- Food Processor or Blender
- Mesh Strainer
- Frosting Bag
- Frosting Tip
- 1 cup of Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 1/4 cup butter of choice
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup of fresh blackberries
- you will make 3-4 tbsp blackberry puree (see below how to make this)
You may use 3/4 cup of your safe butter if you don’t want to use shortening.
Blackberry Juice Instructions:
- Wash and thoroughly dry the blackberries.
- Blend down the blackberries in your food processor or blender.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain the blackberry puree through a fine mesh strainer at this point to remove the seeds.
- You could also leave the seeds if you’d like, but we prefer it to remain creamy so best without them.
- In a large mixing bowl with hand mixers or a stand mixer, combine the butter and shortening together until smooth and creamy.
- Add half of the contents of the frosting packet.
- Add 2 tbsp of the blackberry puree.
- Whip on high speed for 3-4 minutes and add the other half of the frosting packet and up to 2 additional tbsp of the blackberry puree.
- Continue to whip until light and fluffy.
You can spread or pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes or cake.
My daughter was so excited about this frosting – she loves blackberries and said the amount of blackberry taste was just perfect.
Added a top a chocolate cake or cupcakes makes the perfect combination of chocolate and fruit.
The recipe for blackberry frosting can be used with another cupcake or cake flavor as well!
Be sure to check out the rest of our recipes here.