Snickdoodle cupcakes have been a recipe many have been asking for… and it’s finally here! I did a few variations before landing on this one. It’s super duper easy to make and is top 14 allergen free and gluten free, and uses the Vanilla Cake mix and the Vanilla Frosting mix as the bases. These cupcakes are a perfect Fall treat!
How to Make Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
The first step is to gather all your tools and ingredients. You will need:
- Mixing Bowls
- Hand Mixer / Stand Mixer
- Mixing Spoons
- Measuring Cups / Spoons
- Muffin Tin
- Cupcake Liners
- Frosting Bag
- Frosting Tip
Cake Ingredients Needed:
- 1 x Kate’s Safe and Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 cup Milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Neutral Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
Frosting Ingredients Needed:
- 1 x Kate’s Safe and Sweet Frosting Mix
- 1/2 cup Butter of choice
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1-2 tbsp Milk of choice
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 350F. Line a cupcake tray with liners or spray with oil. Set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the milk of your choice with the apple cider vinegar. Let rest for 5 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the vanilla cake mix and spices. Give a quick mix. Into this bowl, pour the milk mixture and oil. Mix well until fully incorporated.
5. Spoon batter into prepared cupcake tray, about 2 tablespoons of batter per cupcake.
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes, depending on the darkness of your baking pan. Cupcakes are done with a toothpick inserted into them removes cleanly.
7. Let cupcakes rest for 10 minutes before removing them from the warm baking tray. Let cool completely before frosting.
1. In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, or a stand mixer, combine the butter of choice with the shortening. Whip until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the contents of the vanilla frosting mix and the cinnamon. Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time. Whip again until the frosting is light and fluffy, adding a splash more of milk if needed.
3. Transfer to a piping bag and frost cupcakes.
4. Sprinkle tops with ground cinnamon and sugar mixture if you’d like and add in a cinnamon stick too!
These would be delicious as a cake or donuts too. You’ll need to increase the baking time for a cake and lower for donut. The cinnamon frosting would be delicious on pumpkin or vanilla treats too… oh and it’s delicious by the spoonful out of the bowl too!
Don’t forget to check out our other recipes here.