We are celebrating National Brownie day all week long here and today we have a delicious recipe for Smore’s Brownie Cupcakes – these are a fun twist on a regular brownie and my children loved to both make and eat these!
You’ll need our double chocolate brownie mix and you’ll also need safe graham crackers, safe butter, sugar, and mini marshmallows. Depending on which graham crackers and marshmallows you choose this recipe is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan. Our brownie mix requires just oil and water to bake.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
S’mores Brownie Cupcakes
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Muffin Tin
- Cupcake Liners or Non-stick cooking spray
Graham Cracker Bottom Crust Ingredients Needed:
- 1 cup of crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons of melted safe butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
Brownie Mix Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of Water
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of Mini Marshmallows
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
The first step to this is making the bottom layer of the cupcakes by making the graham cracker crust.
Graham Cracker Crust Instructions:
- Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
The next step is to prepare the second layer, the brownie mix.
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of the muffin tin with cupcakes liners or lightly spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Place crushed graham crackers into bottom of muffin tin. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spread brownie batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Bake for another 20 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Gently press down the brownies and place about 5-6 mini marshmallows on top of each one.
- Continue baking for 2 minutes, and broil for another 1-2 minutes to get the marshmallows brown.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on wire rack for at least 2 hours.
After cooled remove from pan and enjoy!
These are so fun. The kids loved the three layers of deliciousness!
Broiling the top marshmallows was something fun to the kids as well. Be careful when you are broiling as they can burn quickly.
These are best served within 3-5 days. I recommend storing in the fridge to extend the shelf life. You can also freeze these and defrost 30 minutes before you’d like to eat them (that is if you can wait that long!)
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.