It’s our last day of celebrating National Brownie day and we have COOKIES for you! Yes, COOKIES! Honestly I think I must have been living under a rock cause I had no idea cookies made from a brownie mix was a thing. Did you!?! Well I’m so glad someone uncovered that rock as there is no going back… these are amazing, and probably my new favorite cookie! We made them two ways, both without and without powdered sugar. Either way you make them we know you won’t be disappointed.
You’ll need our double chocolate brownie mix (which request just oil and water to bake,) and you’ll also need baking powder and water. This recipe is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan. These are like a perfect balance of chewy and crunchy and super satisfying.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Hand or stand mixer
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup of your safe oil (we used canola)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Powdered sugar (optional) – we just used our vanilla frosting mix for those.
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons of water and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water and baking powder mixture, remainder of the water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- (Optional) Roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan to cool wire rack for at least 2 hours.
Rolling in the powdered sugar makes it look so festive and you may want to dust the tops with additional powder sugar as well.
My children loved the cookies both ways and had a hard time not wanting to devour them all!
Cookies from a brownie mix!?! Who would have thought!
These are best served within 3-5 days. I recommend storing in the fridge to extend the shelf life. You can also freeze these and defrost 30 minutes before you’d like to eat them (that is if you can wait that long!)
These are delicious served with your favorite safe milk too! Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.