We are enjoying brownie week all week long and you can have my Mom to thank this recipe for. These brownie bars are more like a candy bar with a layer of brownies, mint frosting and chocolate on top.
You’ll need our double chocolate brownie mix to make these. It is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan and requires just oil and water to bake and is delicious, moist and full of fudgey flavor.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Peppermint Frosted Brownies
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring cups
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- 9″ x 12″ Baking Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
Brownie Mix Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Bake as directed below and until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on wire rack.
- Place into the refrigerator and then proceed to making the frosting.
BAKING TIMES for a full batch:
9” x 12” pan 25-27 minutes
Mint Frosting Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 1 cup of vegan or your safe Butter of your choice
- up to 4 teaspoons of Rice milk (or safe milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure peppermint extract (if you like it stronger in peppermint flavor use 3/4 teaspoon)
- 1 drop of green food color
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cup
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Combine butter/ shortening in a large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add about half of the frosting mix and mix until well combined.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the rice milk and continue to mix.
- Add peppermint extract and the remaining frosting mix and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add more peppermint extract if you’d like it to have a stronger peppermint flavor.
- Finish by adding one drop of green food coloring (optional) and stirring to make a green color.
Once the brownies have completely cooled you can frost them in a tray and then move onto making the chocolate topping below.
Chocolate Topping Ingredients Needed:
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of vegan or your safe Butter of your choice
- Saucepan and stove
- Measuring cup
- Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Heat on medium low heat over a stovetop, stirring continually until melted.
- Once chocolate is melted remove from heat.
- Pour chocolate over the frosted brownies.
Once topped with the chocolate place into the fridge to cool.
These are best served in a small portion and can be frozen and saved for later.
These are three layers of deliciousness! You may also use Chocolate Frosting Mix if you’d like instead of Vanilla and make a chocolate peppermint frosting for atop!
These are best served within 3-5 days. I recommend storing in the fridge to extend the shelf life. You can also freeze these and defrost 30 minutes before you’d like to eat them (that is if you can wait that long!)
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.