Who is really for some gooey and fudgey Salted Caramel Brownies!? These are insanely moist and delicious. Topped with flaky sea salt (which is optional) and loaded with homemade caramel sauce these are fun to make and super tasty to eat. To make this recipe you’ll start with our Double Chocolate Brownie Mix. This mix (as with all of our mixes) is top 8 (and top 14) allergen free, vegan and gluten free.
These are perfect for an after school treat, midnight snack, holiday dessert tray, or for anytime!
- 9” x 9” or 11” x 7” Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Saucepan and stove
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola (or oil of your choice)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or other seed/nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt (divided 1/4 tsp each)
Note: Safe caramel candies can be used in place of making homemade caramel sauce. Melt by microwave or stove and use as a 1-to-1 replacement in below instructions.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium flame, combine the seed butter and maple syrup. Whisk and bring to a first boil. Cook while whisking for 1 to 2 minutes (the longer it cooks, the thicker the caramel will become).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread half of the brownie batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Pour half of the prepared caramel sauce evenly over the brownie batter in the pan.
- Add the remaining brownie batter on top of the caramel.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter all around the pan and carefully press/spread it into an even layer.
- Bake on middle rack for 27-32 minutes until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on wire rack for at 30 minutes before topping with the remaining caramel and sprinkle immediately with 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.
- Store at room temperature or in fridge.
Here is the batter prior to adding the caramel halfway in between and cooking – looking so good!
Fresh out of the oven and ready for the top coat of caramel and optional sea salt:
Drizzled caramel on top!
This makes for one ooey gooey brownie – definitely need a fork for this one!
As you can see this can get a little messy. I went a tad overboard with the caramel – but no one complained about the mess, it is so delicious.
I recommend warming prior to serving. Again, best served on a plate with a fork since so fudgey and gooey!
These caramel brownies are fun to make and a delicious dessert or treat. No one will know they are gluten free, vegan, & free from the top 14 allergens!
Enjoy and Happy Baking!