Peppermint brownies are quickly becoming a family favorite around here. We have made them a few ways including with and without frosting. If you’d like to frost these then check out the recipe for frosted brownies here.
Our double chocolate brownie mix is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan along with all of our other products, and requires just oil and water to bake and is delicious, moist and full of fudgey flavor.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Baking Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
Brownie Mix Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 4 crushed candy canes cup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, oil, and pure peppermint extract together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Bake on middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and bake for another 12 to 17 minutes until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on wire rack for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
BAKING TIMES for a full batch:
9” x 9” pan 29-32 minutes
11” x 7” pan 27-30 minutes
Use a mini muffin pan to make these into brownie bites too! These they will bake in less time. Do the first bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven and add the crushed candy canes. Place back into the oven and back for another 8-12 minutes.
The mini bites would be great on a holiday dessert tray!
YUM! We may have over did it with the peppermint on top but when you have kids helping they sort of do that – and that’s fine!
These are best served within 3-5 days. I recommend storing in the fridge to extend the shelf life. You can also freeze these and defrost 30 minutes before you’d like to eat them (that is if you can wait that long!)
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.