We’re big fans of chocolate chip cookie dough… and big fans of brownies… so why not combine the two together?!
This frosting is amazing… and really hard to resist eating straight from the bowl or spoon… just ask my daughter who kept coming back for more!
This recipe is easy to make and can be top allergen free, gluten free and vegan depending on your choice of butter and cream cheese.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring cups
- Baking Pan
- Hand Mixer
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
Brownies Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
Cookie Dough Frosting Ingredients Needed:
- 1 1/2 cups of Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Frosting Mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (8 oz) your safe cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup your safe butter, softened
- 3/4 miniature chocolate chips
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the broken chocolate sandwich cookies and white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Bake on middle rack as per chart below.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on wire rack for at least 2 hours. You can speed up the chilling by placing the brownies into the refrigerator.
BAKING TIMES for a full batch:
9” x 9” pan 29-32 minutes
11” x 7” pan 27-30 minutes
Frosting Mix Instructions:
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla frosting mix.
- Stir in minature chocolate chips.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares as you’d like.
Store any leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Be sure to soften cream cheese to room temperature; if cold, topping will be lumpy.
- Allow the bars to cool for the full 2 hours with the frosting – they are best served that way.
- The secret for cutting bars easily is to line the pan with parchment paper. When it is time to cut the bars, just lift the baked bar with the parchment out of the pan, and cut. This also makes cleanup extra easy.
These chocolate chip cookie dough brownies are best served within 3-5 days, store any leftovers covered in refrigerator..
I asked my daughter how she liked these she said ” very good and the moist… and the icing is the best!
Love brownies?! Check out more brownie recipes here.