Ooey gooey brownies under ooey gooey marshmallows and extra chocolate chips 😋
My daughter asked for “rocky road brownies” even though she wasn’t quite sure what that means and what would be on top of them. I didn’t use any nuts atop due to allergies, and she said they were delicious!
This recipe is easy to make and can be top allergen free, gluten free and vegan depending on your choice of marshmallows and chocolate chips.
You’ll need our double chocolate brownie mix (which requires just oil and water to bake,) your safe marshmallows and chocolate chips (we love using Enjoy Life mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.)
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Nut-Free “Rocky Road” Brownies
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring cups
- Baking Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips – I used a mix of minis and regular sized chocolate chips
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Bake on middle rack as follows (note: these times are the full baking times less 3 minutes.)
BAKING TIMES for a full batch:
9” x 9” pan 26-29 minutes
11” x 7” pan 24-27 minutes
- Remove from the oven and top with the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Please brownies back into oven for another 3 minutes until marshmallows are starting to melt and a little brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on wire rack for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
My daughter was really happy when these came out of the oven. She asked me if these tasted like rocky road and they do (minus the nuts of course!) If you’re not allergic to nuts you can use them in this recipe – add them atop when you add the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Sunflower seeds could also be added on top as well.
These nut-free “rocky road” brownies are best served within 3-5 days.
Love brownies?! Check out more brownie recipes here.