I never knew brownie waffles were “a thing” until my Mom mentioned them to be a few weeks ago and suggested I give them a try so I tried them and my kids and I agreed that they were amazing!
This past week on a rainy afternoon a few days before Valentine’s Day seemed like the perfect time to try them again and we are so glad we did. We used our mini heart waffle maker and made the most adorable and tasty waffles. You can use a regular waffle maker too!
The great thing about these waffles is that it’s using our easy to make double chocolate brownie mix. You’ll need a waffle maker and the amount of water and oil stated on the package.
This recipe is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Makes approximately 12-15 mini waffles or 6-8 larger waffles.
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Spatula & Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cup
- Waffle Maker
- Cooling Rack
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of Water
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Your Choice of Toppings (optional)
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
- Preheat waffle maker per directions.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spray pre-heated waffle maker with non-cook spray.
- Spoon brownie batter onto the waffle maker & close to allow to cook.
- Cook waffle(s) for time as directed with your waffle maker.
- Remove waffles from waffle iron and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before eating.
- Top with your favorites – whipped cream, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, safe butter or berries!
These brownie waffles can be made for breakfast, brunch, dessert or anytime! Add your favorite toppings like safe whipped cream, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, berries and more.
For this Valentine’s Day I am planning to make a batch of these for brunch.
These are best served warm. You can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
And don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.