Our new double chocolate brownie mix top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan recipe and with this recipe we decided to take it up a notch and add some delicious vegan marshmallows atop and then a layer of our chocolate frosting.
Our new brownie mix requires just oil and water to bake and is delicious, moist and full of fudgey flavor.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Brownies Topped with Marshmallows, Frosting & Sea Salt
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Baking Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
Brownie Mix Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 cup (your safe) marshmallows
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Bake on middle rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add marshmallows on top. Place back into the oven for up to 12 minutes additional depending on pan size used.
- Bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack.
- While cooling move onto making the frosting mix.
BAKING TIMES for a full batch:
9” x 9” pan 29-32 minutes
11” x 7” pan 27-30 minutes
After the brownies have cooled prepare the frosting as per below.
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Chocolate Frosting Mix
- 3/4 cup of Butter of your choice
- up to 4 teaspoons of Rice milk (or safe milk of your choice)
Chocolate Frosting Instructions:
- Place butter in a saucepan and heat over stove on medium heat.
- Add about half of the frosting mix and mix until well combined.
- Add 2 teaspoons of your choice of milk.
- Continue to heat over stove on medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining frosting mix and up to 2 additional teaspoons of your choice of milk. Mix until well combined and smooth, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and add atop the marshmallows
- Sprinkle immediately with sea salt.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.
We poured and then used a spatula to apply the frosting.
You can opt to add the seat salt or not – here they are sans sea salt:
Just drizzle the sea salt atop and use as little or as much as you’d like.
We made the frosting via stovetop vs. traditional method. You can also make it traditionally if you prefer! Make sure you allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.
You may also use Chocolate Cake Mix if you’d like instead of brownies!
These are best served within 3-5 days. I recommend storing in the fridge to extend the shelf life. You can also freeze these and defrost 30 minutes before you’d like to eat them (that is if you can wait that long!)
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.