Did you know you can make Hot cocoa with our Chocolate Frosting Mix!? Yes you can! This is super easy to make and super delicious to drink. Hot cocoa is a favorite in our home, and as a non-coffee drinker it is my hot drink of choice on a chilly morning or for cuddling up on the sofa watching holiday movies.
Our Chocolate Frosting Mix is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan along with all of our other products and to make the hot cocoa we will use just water and your safe milk.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Makes 2 generous sized mugs of hot cocoa. Double the amounts below to make a larger batch.
- Measuring cup
- Liquid measuring cup
- Saucepan and stove
- Mugs for drinking
- 3/4 cup Kate’s Safe & Sweet Chocolate Frosting Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups rice milk (or your safe milk of choice)
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed.)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the frosting mix and water over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat, and stir in the milk, do not boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour into mugs and serve immediately.
Top with safe whipped cream, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate chips, chopped peppermint, peppermint sticks for stirring – whatever your heart desires and enjoy!
Tip: Add in a drop of peppermint extract for peppermint hot cocoa.
Tip: Be sure to reseal the chocolate frosting mix to reuse for small batch making or more hot chocolate!
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.