This a simple and delicious top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan recipe! You’ll need our new double chocolate brownie mix for these and also our vanilla frosting mix . Our new brownie mix requires just oil and water to bake. And the pumpkin spice frosting is made using our vanilla frosting mix and just a few additional ingredients. It is simple and out of this world that is perfect for this season.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Brownies Topped with Pumpkin Spice Frosting
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Baking Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
Brownie Mix Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- Additional semi-sweet mini chocolate chips for topping (optional!)
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Bake on middle rack as directed below until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting and removing from pan.
BAKING TIMES for a full batch:
9” x 9” pan 29-32 minutes
11” x 7” pan 27-30 minutes
After the brownies have cooled prepare the frosting as per below.
Pumpkin Spice Frosting Ingredients Needed:
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Frosting Mix
- Butter/ Shortening of your choice
- 2-4 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 3-4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3-4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Frosting Instructions:
- Combine butter/ shortening in a large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add about half of the frosting mix and mix until well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- Add spices and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining frosting mix and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add additional pumpkin puree and mix until desired consistency is reached – it can be easy to add too much here, so go slow and add a little at time.
Once your brownies are cool I recommend cutting them prior to adding the frosting atop. We just used a spatula to top these – feel free to make them more “pretty” by using a piping bag and tip!
You can top with the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or leave out, it’s up to you.
You may also use Chocolate Cake Mix if you’d like instead of brownies! These are best served within 3 days. I recommend storing in the fridge to extend the shelf life. You can also freeze these and defrost 30 minutes before you’d like to eat them (that is if you can wait that long!)
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here. Enjoy these delicious brownies topped with pumpkin spice frosting this Fall!