These brownies are for those days when you’re craving sweet and salty. Using our brownie mix these brownies are topped with a delicious pretzel crust and will be your new favorite treat. Easy to bake too!
This recipe is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan.
You’ll need our double chocolate brownie mix (which requires just oil and water to bake,) and you’ll also need pretzels. We used Snyder’s Gluten Free sticks in ours, but feel free to use what brand is safe for you and your family.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Salted Pretzel Brownies
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring cups
- Baking Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup of your Safe Oil
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2 cups broken pretzels
(above amounts are what is need to make a full batch. If you are making a half batch adjust ingredient measurements as needed per packaging.)
Brownie Mix Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray the side of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper.
- Add half of the broken pretzels to the bottom of your pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend the brownie mix, water, and oil together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Note: batter will be thick.
- Top the batter with the other half of the broken pretzels.
- Bake on middle rack per times below until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool on wire rack for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
BAKING TIMES for a full batch:
9” x 9” pan 29-32 minutes
11” x 7” pan 27-30 minutes
When you’re cutting you’ll get some pretzels falling out the sides – don’t worry, just scoop it up and enjoy!
YUM! We may have over did it with the pretzels on top!
These are fun to make and eat and best served within 3-5 days. I bet they would be delicious topped with your safe ice cream too!
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here. Happy Safe & Sweet baking!