Oatmeal raisin cookies are a favorite in our home and for the holidays they are always a cookie you’ll find on our cookie platters. With our Vanilla Cake Mix as the base these are easy to make (yup, our cake mixes can be used to make cookies!)
This recipe is top 14 allergen free, gluten free and vegan and the raisins can be easily subbed out with chocolate chips if you’d like.
The first step to making these is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes up to 40 x 3 inch sized cookies
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- Baking Pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Cookie tray(s)
- Parchment paper
Cookie Ingredients Needed:
- 1 Kate’s Safe and Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Your Safe Butter
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Applesauce (or Mashed Banana)
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)
(above ingredients are for making a full bag of mix, making approx 40 3-inch cookies)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line your cookie tray(s) with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the water and baking powder together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or your stand mixer, cream together your safe butter, shortening, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and baking powder mixture into the bowl and mix until fully combined, making sure to scrape the bowl several times to ensure everything is mixed.
- Add the cake mix and cinnamon. Beat for about 5 minutes until fully combined and mixes.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- One at a time, cook each tray of cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely on hot tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tip: Since this recipe makes a lot of cookies you will probably need 3-4 cookie trays. You can use one of course it will just take longer and you’ll want to allow the tray to cool prior to reusing. If using one I recommend storing the batter in the fridge until you’re ready to reuse the tray.
Making these cookies with our Vanilla Cake Mix was so easy to do with the simple adjustments noted above. No one can tell these are not made with gluten, wheat, eggs, or dairy!
Don’t forget to check out our entire selection of recipes here.