A rich + moist spiced chocolate pumpkin cake that is gluten free, vegan, & free from the top 14 allergens! Super delicious for autumn holidays.
This cake is bursting with autumnal flavors!
What’s fun about this chocolate pumpkin cake is that it is made in a bundt pan. It looks super fancy but we both know the secret – it’s super easy! You can make this in a traditional sized bundt pan for one cake, or you can make this in a 6-inch bundt pan for 2 smaller bundts. Finally, you can of course make this in a traditional 8×10-inch rectangle pan or cupcakes. Any method is delicious and cooking times for each are denoted below.
The part that little hands will enjoy the most?? Decorating and drizzling on the chocolate ganache, of course!
To make the ganache, warm your milk of choice in a microwave safe cup for one minute then add safe chocolate chips. The heat of the milk will melt the chocolate into a rich and thick glaze. Pour out of the cup, or get a little more precise with a large spoon, and let the chocolate slowly drizzle down the sides of the bundt.
Not only does this look fancy, but if your cake happened to stick in the pan, you can cover up any imperfections.
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cake Pan of choice (muffin tin, 8×10, bundt, or 6-inch bundt)
- Vegetable shortening or Cooking spray
- 1 package Kate’s Safe and Sweet Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used rice milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp neutral flavored oil
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup safe chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamer or milk of choice (I used oat creamer)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and place your oven rack in the middle of the oven. Prepare the pan by generously greasing with vegetable shortening and cocoa powder, or cooking spray, or cupcake liners. Set the pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk of choice with the apple cider vinegar and allow to rest for 5 minutes. After resting, add the pumpkin, molasses, oil, and spices. Mix well!
- Now add the chocolate cake mix. Make sure everything is well incorporated, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to get all the ingredients mixed!
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake.
- Normal Bundt Pan: 40-45 minutes
- 6-inch Bundt Pan: 30-35 minutes
- 8×10 Rectangle Pan: 25-30 minutes
- Cupcakes: 20-23 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool before frosting.
- To make the chocolate ganache, place your milk of choice in a microwave safe container and warm for one minute. Pour the chocolate chips into the warmed milk and mix. The heat from the milk will melt the chocolate. Gently pour over your cake and allow to set.
This rich + moist spiced chocolate pumpkin cake is a great dessert for the autumn holidays. No one will know that it’s gluten free, vegan, & free from the top 14 allergens!
Enjoy and Happy Baking!