It’s Fall y’all and we have a treat for you – raise your hands if you love anything and everything pumpkin!! We are here to tell you that pumpkin is not just for pie… we made these amazing pumpkin spice frosting and want you to give it a try on a cupcake or a cake, we promise you won’t be disappointed.
Our pumpkin spice frosting is made using our vanilla frosting mix and just a few additional ingredients. It is simple and out of this world that is perfect for this season.
The first step to making this frosting is to gather all your ingredients and supplies.
- Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Frosting Mix
- Butter/ Shortening of your choice
- 2-4 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 3-4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3-4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Mixing bowl(s)
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cup
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Combine butter/ shortening in a large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add about half of the frosting mix and mix until well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- Add spices and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining frosting mix and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add additional pumpkin puree and mix until desired consistency is reached – it can be easy to add too much here, so go slow and add a little at time.
This frosting is delicious on a vanilla or chocolate cake, on cookies, or just eating by the spoonful! For an extra special dessert try it topped on or between brownies (our new brownie mix will available for purchase on October 1st!).
Below we made some fun dessert cups and added mini chocolate chips atop.
This frosting has all the pumpkin pie spices that we love this time of the year and make it perfectly festive for just about everything!
Another way to use this frosting is to make a sheet cake and use cookie cutters that are festive and top with the frosting — my kids loved this! And of course topped with sprinkles too!
We hope that you give this delicious pumpkin spice frosting a try – it is easy to make and super tasty. Below is the recipe card: